install gsl package fails
f***@freenet.de
2018-11-27 15:06:12 UTC
Hi all,

I have problems with installing the gsl package. Running Xubuntu 18.04, octave 4.4.1.

Using -forge the installation process stalls with the message:

/pkg install -forge gsl//
//configure: error: gslcblas library not found/

I have installed via synaptic:

libgslcblas0, libgsl-dev, libgsl23

Can anybody give me instructions what to do now?

Thanks :-)).

Karl
//
JohnD
2018-11-27 17:50:51 UTC
Message: 2
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 16:06:12 +0100
Subject: install gsl package fails
Hi all,
I have problems with installing the gsl package. Running Xubuntu 18.04,
octave
4.4.1.
/pkg install -forge gsl//
//configure: error: gslcblas library not found/
libgslcblas0, libgsl-dev, libgsl23
Can anybody give me instructions what to do now?
Thanks :-)).
Karl
//
In Ubuntu 18.04, installing just libgsl-dev, (which then installs as
dependencies libgsl23 libgslcblas0 ),
It successfully installs ok for me.

Running with verbose, what does it display?

pkg install -forge -verbose gsl
f***@freenet.de
2018-11-28 05:01:35 UTC
Message: 2
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 16:06:12 +0100
Hi all,
I have problems with installing the gsl package. Running Xubuntu 18.04,
octave
4.4.1.
/pkg install -forge gsl//
//configure: error: gslcblas library not found/
libgslcblas0, libgsl-dev, libgsl23
Can anybody give me instructions what to do now?
Thanks :-)).
Karl
//
In Ubuntu 18.04, installing just libgsl-dev, (which then installs as
dependencies libgsl23 libgslcblas0 ),
It successfully installs ok for me.
Running with verbose, what does it display?
pkg install -forge -verbose gsl
Hi John,

did you read my mail? It says:

/"I have installed via synaptic: libgslcblas0, _libgsl-dev_, libgsl23" /So why do you advise me then to install///libgsl-dev/?

Thanks

Ciao
Karl
mmuetzel
2018-11-28 11:12:12 UTC
Post by f***@freenet.de
Hi John,
did you read my mail?
Maybe it is you who is having problems reading mails?
Post by f***@freenet.de
Post by JohnD
Running with verbose, what does it display?
pkg install -forge -verbose gsl
You didn't answer his question.

In general, please try to be polite when people are offering their help.

Markus

John Donoghue
2018-11-28 11:17:09 UTC
Message: 2
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 16:06:12 +0100
[...]
I didnt - I said that was all I had to install. And then asked what does
it display in verbose mode.